Wednesday, November 5, 2014

High Stateciety

While the rest of you losers out there in the great wasteland known as 'Murka lick your wounds, here in Beervana, we remained (relatively) sane and easily re-elected our surprisingly-not-completely-useless Democrats, and legalized pot. Overwhelmingly, also, too: 703,275 to 579,188. Took us a few tries over the last couple cycles, but hey, I'll take it.

Fuck. Yeah.

So, come July (yeah, unfortunately it'll be a while before the law takes effect), I think I'll brew up an inaugural batch of Mary Jane Ale wherein I legally toss in a gram or two of legal pot along with the hops. I'd replace all the hops with pot, but hops are only $4 an ounce, and beer needs multiple ounces... You do the math.

I've been avoiding the news other than this, since when I glanced at it briefly all I saw was "OMG NEW REPUBLICAN MAN-DATE LET'S HEAR FROM CHRIS CHRISTIE ABOUT HOW AWESOME THIS ALL IS AND WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR 2016!!!!?!?!!!?!?!?" -- is there any other good news to glean from the otherwise shitty midterms out there in your necks of the woods?

Whoah, I almost forgot the obligatory soundtrack:

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Oregon! Suds and Buds for everyone!

    Regards,

    Tengrain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the improvements in gun safety up north in your state too!

      Delete
  2. 'Bout time effin' time the (literal) Left Coast secedes from the great wasteland innit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like we're in a different, saner, country, eh?

      Delete

By commenting here you're legally bound to buy me lots of yummy beer.