Friday, July 26, 2013

How insidery?

None more insidery!

I really need to stop reading TPM.

This "article" from TPM is a classic of anonymously-sourced insidery bullshit. Here, just take the first couple "lede grafs" (as the insidery journamalists like to say):

The unlikeliest of alliances forged between two once-bitter rivals stands to upend the status quo of congressional gridlock and potentially resolve a bitter partisan chasm that has characterized the modern era of crisis governance.

Yes, President Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) are essentially working together against GOP leadership and the tea party to break the Senate out of its current situation and resolve major budget rifts that have plagued Washington for years.

Of course, if you actually read the rest of the shitty article, it's all just the typical beltway "oh, if only the two sides could just talk to each other and work out a compromise bipartisan agreement that just so happens to be exactly what conservatives want, we'd finally all get our magic tax-free rainbow sparkleponies!" Well that, and it turns out that all McCain actually cares about is the military, as usual.

But hey, it's almost August, just about time for a series of these shitty articles, D.C.'s equivalent of "Shark attacks on the rise!" and "OMG Weiners with wieners!"

Yay. I can hardly wait.

8 comments:

  1. McCain doesn't give a good goddammit about the military.

    Also, CNN tomorrow morning - OMG Shark attacks Weiners with weiners on the rise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McCain doesn't give a good goddammit about the military.

      True, he just cares about continuing to funnel as much public cash into pet "military contractors" as possible. I thought that was implied, but I probably should have been more explicit.

      Delete
  2. Speaking of insidery, OBS, dg closed the most recent Magick Water Engine argument, and I am actually relieved. That dude is VERY committed to his insanity.

    But...tell me do you think I overdid it? I never let mahack get away with shifting goal posts, or changing the subject, or denying things he actually said; and I did read his links.

    But I fear I managed to derail more than one thread.

    Was it all just rough and tumble blogg comments flying in the directions they go, like a conversation, or was I acting trolly? And do you think I owe driftglass an apology for being a bad influence, or just being an asshole?

    I know you followed at least part of the whole saga, and would appreciate your POV.

    But, damn! that credulous woo-bullshit really gets me riled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm out of town with almost no internets, so I haven't seen the latest over there. Nothing that was said earlier gave me any pause... I'll catch up with the saga next week.

      Delete
    2. I'm out of town with almost no internets, so I haven't seen the latest over there. Nothing that was said earlier gave me any pause... I'll catch up with the saga next week.

      Delete
    3. Now that I've read through that, eh, "discussion" over there, no I don't think you overdid it or were being trolly. That dude is nuts.

      Delete
  3. I hate CNN SO GAWDAMMED MUCH!

    ReplyDelete

By commenting here you're legally bound to buy me lots of yummy beer.